Tv Shows I've Binged | May

| On
Monday, June 05, 2017

I'm a tele addict. In every way, shape and form. It's my perfect end to a busy day, and even my not so busy days. I actually don't think I can put into words how much I really do love it, and that is saying something for a self proclaimed "writer."

I have found myself actually cancelling plans with friends I haven't seen in months just so I can get through a series. Okay, that's lame right? But I'm obviously a major Introvert, so maybe that has something to do with it. 

Anywayyy, so this month I haven't just watched brand new shows, some of them have been oldies, but goodies. This list isn't huge as I don't have as much free time as I would like to sit in front of the TV all day and night. But hey ho. 




Due to a political conspiracy, an innocent man is sent to death row and his only hope is his brother, who makes it his mission to deliberately get himself sent to the same prison in order to break the both of them out, from the inside. (IMDB)


The first series I binged was Prison Break. So, unlike every other person on the planet, I had never watched this. When I heard that it was being resurrected, I had to watch it before the new series aired on Fox, and luckily all 4 seasons were on Netflix UK. So every night after work, my mom and I would race through dinner and our chores before we settled down for the evening to watch this. We were up to the early hours of the morning!! This is by far one of THE best TV series I have ever watched, absolutely recommend it. You never know what is coming and I swear, I had genuine palpitations watching it. Am I selling it? Well anyway I'd rewatch again and again. Plus, Wentworth Miller is a total babe. 




A young, devout Catholic woman discovers that she was accidentally artificially inseminated. (IMDB)


Ever since season one aired over here, I was waiting for Jane The Virgin to come back onto Netflix. It did, and I think it took me several days to get through it all. SPOILER ALERT: Poor Michael!?! Jane The Virgin is one of those shows where you can just stick it on when you fancy something that isn't too serious. In a brief summary think - Aspiring writer, supportive Spanish family, beautiful, rich man, adorable baby, light humour and a lot of romance. One of my go-to chick flicks.




Follows teenager Clay Jensen, in his quest to uncover the story behind his classmate and crush, Hannah, and her decision to end her life. (IMDB)

13 Reasons Why. Of course. I had to watch this just so I could find out what all those stupid memes about Clay meant! Initially, I found this super boring. It took me a while to get into it and I spent a lot of time staring at my phone instead of the TV. However, it snowballed so fast and over the last few episodes I was addicted. When I watched the finale I was fucking SHOOK. Like, I couldn't believe that was allowed to air on Netflix but it's a good thing it did because this kind of stuff is happening all the time, all over the world. I don't doubt that it will have created a lot of awareness for Mental Health, but my only issue is that they may have targeted it in the wrong way. I'm gonna put this out there and I know my opinion is unpopular but I felt it glamourised suicide. For those that have said to me "it shows you what a person with depression goes through etc" If you are watching that as a person who suffers with depression, how can you believe there is another way when the person who represents yourself on TV doesn't find the help they need or any other avenue other than to kill themselves? I really don't agree with that. However, the actors were phenomenal. 



A subversive take on Archie and his friends, exploring small town life, the darkness and weirdness bubbling beneath Riverdale's wholesome facade. (IMDB)

I had been meaning to watch Riverdale for so long and kept putting it off but I am SO glad I finally did. I binged this and finished it within days, it's so addictive. I loved the characters, the outfits, and the story lines. I would recommend watching it if you are into shows like Pretty Little Liars. If I were to mention the few qualms I had I felt that it sped through some storylines pretty quickly, like is that all with Mrs Grundy? That went nowhere and there is a shortage of male eye candy!!




What shows have you been binging? I need something new for June!!

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post Signature